Precursorthe app must be completed. push notifications must be completed BEFORE building the app, you must have image assets ready (see the section of Google Play in this article
Publishing on the Google Play Store will provide your app with more exposure to potential users. However, publishing on the Google Play Store will make your app publicly available, so it should not be used for internal apps.
- Complete the app details section
- Complete the app analytics and push notifications (optional) section and request that the app be published
- Setup push notifications
- Complete steps in the Google Play Console
- Complete the store listing section
- Submit your app for review
Step 1 – Complete the app details section
Note: At any point in the process, you can select the blue “Save Progress” button in the bottom left to save your work.
Go to the Publish section of your app in Fliplet Studio.
Under “Choose a Publishing Channel”, click on the blue “Select” link next to “Publish to Android devices”.
Scroll down and select the “Google Play” Tab.
Underneath where it says “Let us build your app”, click on the first tab that says “App details”.
Type the App icon name. This is the name you would like to appear on a device.
Change the “App icon” or “Splash screen” image by clicking on the blue “Change” text underneath them. Both the App icon and Splash screen are required.
Information about requirements for image sizes can be found here.
To generate screenshots, select “Use Fliplet’s screen generator” to the right of the bolded App screenshots text. In a later step, you will download them from Fliplet and upload to the Google Play Console.
Return to the publish section. Do not change the App version number and App version code. Also do not change the Bundle ID. It is not recommended to change these values. Fliplet will automatically produce values so you don’t need to do anything.
Step 2 – Complete the app analytics & push notifications section (optional) and request that the app be published
Click on the “App analytics & push notifications” tab.
Fliplet Analytics are enabled by default. To learn more about Fliplet Analytics, click the blue text or read the article here.
To add push notifications or enable Google Analytics, click on the blue text that reads “Learn more about Firebase” under the “Google Firebase & Push Notifications” heading or read the article here.
To save your work click the “Save Progress” button in the bottom left.
Click the green “Request App” button in the bottom right to request the app to be published.
Then click “OK”.This process will take between a few minutes to up to an hour to finish.
Check the progress of the process by scrolling to the top of the “Publish to Android devices” window where you are currently.
- When it’s complete, return to the window, download the app file, and add it to the Google Play Console.
Step 3 – Setup push notifications
For a reference on how to setup push notifications, click here.
Step 4 – Complete steps in the Google Play Console
Move from Fliplet to Google Play Console
When the process is complete, click the blue “download file” text. A .apk file will be downloaded to your computer.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and under “Step 2 – Submit your app”, click on the blue “Google Play Console” text to go to the Google Play Console.
Login to Google Play Console with your Google Developer account details. The screen should display all of your apps that you have published. For more information on how to make a Google Developer account click here.
Click the blue “Create Application” button.
Select the language and provide a title for your app. Click create.
Click on “App releases” on the Google Play Console menu on the left.
Then click the “MANAGE” button on the bottom right of your screen.
Click the blue “CREATE RELEASE” button at the bottom of your screen.
Click “BROWSE FILES” in the center section.
Add the file you downloaded from Fliplet.
Once the process is complete, scroll to the bottom. The release name and the notes section will be filled. You can change these.
Click the blue “SAVE” button in the bottom right.
Click the “REVIEW” button next to the “SAVE” button.
If you see any Errors, click “VIEW ERROR MESSAGE” and contact Fliplet Support.
Create the content rating
Click “Content rating” from the menu on the left.
Click the blue “CONTINUE” button on the main screen.
Under “Email address”, enter a valid email address. Then repeat under “Confirm email address”.
Under “Select your app category”, choose the most relevant category.
Next confirm whether or not your app includes “VIOLENCE”, “SEXUALITY”, offensive “LANGUAGE” or “CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE” references.
Under “MISCELLANEOUS”, choose whether or not the users can interact or exchange content with each other.
Choose whether or not the app shares the user’s current physical location with other users.
Choose whether or not the app allows users to purchase digital goods.
Click “SAVE QUESTIONNAIRE”. Then click “CALCULATE RATING”.
Review the different ratings that will be applied to your app.
Click “APPLY RATING”.
Pricing and distribution
- Click “Pricing & distribution” from the menu on the left underneath “App content”.
- Select the countries where you want your app to be available. Click “Available” as the option at the very top to select all countries.
- Scroll down a bit. Choose “Yes” or “No”, to clarify if your app “Contains ads”.
- If your app contains ads, scroll down to the “Consent” section.
- Select the boxes next to “Content guidelines” and “US export laws”.
- Then click the blue “SAVE DRAFT” button at the bottom.
- Click on the “App Content” section from the menu on the left.
- Click “START” on the first page.
- Specify the target age group of your app by choosing from the options listed. Then click “NEXT”.
- Specify whether your app could unintentionally appeal to children and then click “NEXT”.
- Review the information and click “SUBMIT”.
Step 5 – Complete the store listing section
- Choose “Store listing” from the menu on the left.
- Fill out the “Title”, “Short description”, and “Full description” for your app.
- Click in the gray “Add hi-res icon” box to add a 512×512 pixel image of your app icon.
- Scroll down and select “BROWSE FILES” to add screenshots of your app. If you used Fliplet to generate screenshots for you, find them in the File manager under the “Screenshots Google” folder.
- Add at least two screenshots for phone AND tablet.
- Scroll down a little bit to add a 1024×500 pixel image as your “Feature graphic”.
- Scroll down. Under the “Application type” dropdown, select either “Applications” or “Games”.
- From the “Category” dropdown, select the category for your app.
- Scroll down and add “Contact details”. This information will be public on the app store. At a minimum, you need to add an email.
- After this is complete, select “SUBMIT”.
Step 6 – Submit your app for review
- Choose the “App releases” option from the menu on the left.
- Click the blue “EDIT RELEASE” button.
- Scroll to the bottom and click “REVIEW”.
- Click the “START ROLL-OUT TO PRODUCTION” button at the bottom. This will only work if you have completed all necessary steps. Your app will be submitted to Google for review. This process can take several days.
- Check the status of your app by going to the “Dashboard” of Google Play Console. Your app will say “Published” when it is live.