What are In-App Updates?
Fliplet’s unique platform allows Studio users to make updates to apps in seconds – without having to go through Apple or Google for approval. This also means app users don’t need to update their apps through the App Store or Play Store.
How to Use In-App Updates
Note: Your app must be published to at least one platform (Web, Apple, Android) to use in-app updates.
- In Fliplet Studio, navigate to the Publish tab inside your app.
- Click the Update your app button under the Update your live app section.
- Click Configure Update on the prompt.
- Choose one of three options for notifying users:
- Silent Update:Recommended for minor content updates. The app will be updated without notifying or interrupting the user. The update will happen the next time the user has internet access and re-opens the app.
- Visible Update:Recommended for normal updates.Users will see a small message at the bottom of their screen when they next access the app. The message will notify them that changes are being applied. They won’t need to refresh the app and can continue to use it.
- Forced Update:Recommended for large changes or security reasons.When users access the app they will be interrupted with a message that tells them an important update is being downloaded. You can add an additional message should you wish. They will not be able to use the app while the download occurs and will be required to restart the app.
- (Optional) Add Update Notes
- Click Update!