If you are no longer using your app, want to retire your app, or unpublish your app there are some steps Fliplet recommends you take.
- Delete your app from the app stores or your MDM
- Delete app tokens
- Delete all files that relate to your app
- Delete any data sources your app is using
- Delete the app from your Fliplet Studio account
Step 1 – Delete your app from the app stores or MDM
Note: When removing your app from a public app store it often takes some time before the app is removed by the app store. Anyone that has the app can continue using the app, you cannot remove an app from a user’s device once they have installed the app. If you want to prevent further use of the app, you should add a screen to your app informing users that the app is no longer in use and publish an update to the app. See here for more on in-app updates.
Apple App Store
From the guide here: https://help.apple.com/app-store-connect/#/dev7013b314c
- From the homepage, click My Apps, select the app you want to remove, then in the left column, select Pricing and Availability
- On the right, below Availability, select Remove from sale
- In the upper-right corner, click Save.
- Open Play Console and log in
- Select the app you want to unpublish
- Go to Release > Setup > Advanced settings.
On the App Availability tab, select Unpublish.
To remove your app from the MDM, you should contact your MDM manager or your MDM support site.
Step 2 – Delete App Tokens
- In your app, open the App Settings and click on the App tokens tab
- Find any API tokens and tokens for completed app builds
- Click Edit next to the relevant token, a new window will pop up
- Scroll to the bottom and click ‘delete token permanently’
Note – deleting tokens will remove key functionality such as writing/reading from a data source immediately. Only do this when you are certain you want to retire your app.
Step 3 – Delete all files that relate to your app
- Open your Fliplet app and select the file manager option from the right-hand side menu
- Locate the files you want to delete and select the tick box
- Select action on the right-hand side and choose delete
- Once you have deleted all files, select the trash option on the left-hand side menu
- Select all files, click action, and select delete forever to permanently erase your files from Fliplet Studio
Step 4 – Delete any data sources your app is using
- Open your Fliplet app and select the app data option from the right-hand side menu
- Select the data source you want to delete
- Choose the settings tab and scroll down to the bottom
- Select move to trash and confirm
- Select the trash option from the top right, click action, and select delete forever to permanently erase your data source from Fliplet Studio
Step 5 – Delete the app from your Fliplet Studio account
- In Fliplet Studio, find your app and select “more”
- Press Delete, confirm you are happy with all uploaded media, content, and collected data being deleted by selecting “delete app”