Does your app have an email verification component and you/your users are having problems with receiving the emails?
Follow these steps to figure out why & what to do about it:
- Double check that the correct email is added to the data source
It’s not case sensitive, but do make sure the user is entering the correct email
2. In your data source, you can be able to if a verification code has been sent
Under the column called code you’ll see a string of numbers and letters next to some of your user entries. If this column is filled in, then it means that they have been sent a verification code but that they have not yet logged into the app
This column will clear when the user has logged into the app and instead the column verifiedAt will be filled in. This column will tell you when the user last authenticated
3. If the user has no columns filled in, that means they have not had an email sent with an authentication code
4. The reason for this could be:
It’s ended up in spam/stuck in your company filters
We always recommend whitelisting Fliplet’s email domain to make sure this doesn’t happen
Weak connection – you can try sending them a new code by going into your app in preview mode in Fliplet Studio and enter their emails. Then head back to the data source to see if the column code has been filled in
If you go down this route and the user is sent an email with a verification code, please ask them to select the option ‘I already have an access code’ to skip entering their email address again. If the user does this, the verification code that they have will expire and only the new one will work
5. If you are unsure about what emails have gone out or there’s an issue with their delivery, contact email@example.com.