When using an unsigned IPA the IPA needs to be signed with your account. You can learn more about this here, in the section: Code Signing Identity.
Note: You must be using a Mac to successfully complete this process.
The steps to successfully complete the process are:
- Create a distribution certificate(p12 file) on the iOS developer portal. If you already have one, skip this step.
- Create an App ID on the iOS developer portal. This needs to be unique to the app (same as the Bundle ID that you selected on the submission).
- Create an App Store distribution provisioning profile on the developer portal, linked to the App ID and the Distribution Certificate created earlier.
- Install certificate (p12) and provisioning profile on your machine.
- Follow the steps here to re-sign the app, under the section: Signing Your Code Manually.
In order to publish on the App Store:
- Log in to App Store Connect, create an app associated with App ID from the developer portal.
- Populate the app listing with all the correct data, screenshots, etc
- Upload the IPA using to App Store Connect using Application Uploader
- Submit to store