The manage comments screen template enables you to manage comments within your app. If your app allows comments and will be deployed to the public app stores we recommend adding this screen to your app. This article will explain how to set up the manage comments screen template.
Step 1 – Add the screen template
- Add the “Manage comments” screen template to your app using the ‘Add screen’ button
- Click on the Lists tab
- Select the manage comments screen and click “add 1 new screen”
- Enter a screen name and select “add screen”
Step 2 – Configure the data source
- The data source attached to the list of comments will need to be updated to the comments data source.
- To find this, you will need to review the app data and find the data source that includes the comments for your list
- Select the comments to open the settings
- Click the blue “change” option
- Select the data source that contains the comments
- Select configure security rules if necessary
- Save & Close
- With the manage comments screen open, open the developer options by selecting the </> icon on the right-hand side
- Line 3 will need to be updated to include the ID of the data source attached to the list where the user can comment. For example, if you have a news feed that enables comments you need to include the ID of the attached data source.
- To find the data source ID click the app data icon on the right-hand toolbar to view a list of your apps data sources and their ID’s
- Once you have added your ID click save and run
Step 4 – Test the screen
- To test your screen, switch to preview mode
- Go to your list and leave a test comment
- Switch back to the manage comments screen, and select your comment
- Choose delete
- Return to the list to confirm the comment has been deleted